Avenida Thiers 111 (Corner Cuvier 55)
Delegacion Miguel Hidalgo
The diplomatic representation of the Philippines in Mexico started as a Legation on 23 April 1953 headed by Mr. Mariano Espeleta. The legation was subsequently elevated to Embassy status in 1960, with Ambassador Octavio L. Maloles presenting his credentials to Mexican President Adolfo López Mateos as the first Philippine Ambassador to Mexico on 12 September 1961.
Mexico PE exercises jurisdiction over the United Mexican States, Belize, the Republic of Costa Rica, the Republic of Cuba, Dominican Republic, the Republic of El Salvador, the Republic of Guatemala, the Republic of Honduras, the Republic of Nicaragua, and the Republic of Panama.
This section of the Philippine Embassy attends to matters relating to Filipinos in distress. The scope of work includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Assistance in tracing whereabouts of missing Filipino nationals
- Assistance in cases of drug trafficking
- Assistance in cases of money laundering
- Assistance to victims of maltreatment
- Assistance to repatriation of Filipino nationals
- Assistance to shipment of remains to the Philippines
- Assistance to Filipinos facing court cases and imprisonment
- Assistance to Filipino seafarers in cases of accident on board
- Assistance in cases involving problems with employer of Filipino nationals
Kindly approach the ATN assistant from 8:00-5:00 a.m., Monday to Friday. For cases that need immediate attention after office hours, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, please call Embassy´s mobile no. 5527713776 or ATN assistant cellphone no. 5511539475.